Oct 14, 2012

Spring 2013: Alert! Alert!!

It's been a while as usual, but pardon my silence. I've been busy with work, yep work. Something that has to do with fashion (what else), advising and retail...oh and mobile. Hopefully I'll give more details soon...*fingers crossed*
Fashion weeks ended some days ago, and thanks to Style.com and internet (how did we ever cope without both before), the runway of our beloved designers were opened to us all. Like I always try to do (I do try), I made a few notes of some trends. Some of which are new, while others have been trending for a while:

MONOCHROME
Louis Vuitton, Stella McCartney, Diane Von Furstenberg, Balmain
MIDRIFF BARING
Miu Miu, Versace, John Galliano, Vivienne Westwood
The midriff-baring trended last spring, it's good to see it's still hanging around, and even more...as the belly button is no longer hidden. More is better, no?

STRIPES, STRIPES...MORE STRIPES
Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, Oscar de la Renta
All manner of stripes were on the runway: fat, skinny, curvy, straight...Oh Marc Jacobs made a paradise of it.

PRETTY RUFFLES
Gucci, Balenciaga, Prabal Gurung, Givenchy
It's definitely the season for ruffles. I'm not sure I'm the ruffles-indulging type, but Balenciaga made it pretty cool though.

And finally:
WHITE AND PURE
Alexander Wang, Valentino, Blumarine, Jil Sander
This has been going on for some seasons now. I did a thesis on this a long while back, about how the environment and its people are yearning more and more for purity and clarity and cleanness...and not just in fashion. All-white is here to stay for some longy-long time.

Now my bed calls. Have a lovely week people.
Damie...xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the white and pure, and then the rufles (mmwah!)..hope it's trending for guys; d white I mean. Nice blog; little talk and d pics definitely did all the talking. It'll be nice to have tips on how to get this trendy looks without breaking the bank..