Jun 23, 2012

Fantasy Fashion Mood Board!

With my masters coming to an end (three week days left, woohoo!), I've had a humongous load of work to do...several project presentations and written exams, but it's all good.
I thought to share one of my projects with you guys. It was to make a six page fashion editorial styling for a fashion magazine bearing in mind, of course, the target readers and the magazine's aesthetic. I should also point out that we had about two days to do this.
So...for some reason Pirates Of The Caribbean came to mind. It started as a silly idea but the concept became precise in my head and I went for it.


I was particularly inspired by Barbossa and Elizabeth, and it also reminded me of the pirate ship I saw in Amsterdam that is now a museum (I think), and there was Lynn Yaeger who is an amazing phenomenon of layering (if that makes sense)...and oh I chose Harper's Bazaar UK.



I thought of Freja, Saskia or Arizona as my model. I imagined the make up to be very natural but with very dusky blush to imitate dirty cheeks, and the hair was completely undone and greasy looking.


I also came up with a mood board describing my poses:


The Chanel ad campaign was very helpful with the poses. And there were my props and locations on board:



I looked through the well known photographers to find three who shared this kind of vibe, and came out with Mario Sorrenti who is amazing, David Bellemere and Camilla Akrans.


And then...the fantasy fashion mood board!


This was highly influenced by Jean Paul Gaultier and Valentino couture and rtw (fantasy mood board uhn), and a shot of Marc Jacobs, a little bit of Altuzarra, of Proenza Schouler, Gucci and Azzedine Alaia.
And finally the styling:






The Altuzarra belt over the dress was an excellent cut and paste I must say.

This has to be my longest post ever...haha. For those who made it all the way to the end, I hope you enjoyed it. 

Damie...xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really nice!..
everything looks put together and detailed

Cheers!